A brief overview of the City of Peoria can be found here. A series of Demographic Reports can by generated through Community Profile. If you are searching for data not posted on this page, please contact our office for assistance.
- Peoria was named an All-America City in 1953, 1966, 1989, and 2013 by the National Civic League
- Peoria ranks 167 among top 200 “Best Places for Business and Careers” in 2019 according to Forbes.com (2022).
- US News ranks Peoria the 87th Best Place to Live while being the 11th Cheapest Place to Live. (2022)
Peoria Quick Facts
- Population (City, 2020) – 113,250
- Population (MSA, 2020) – 402,391
- Labor Force (MSA, February 2022) – 168,055
- Unemployment Rate (MSA, September 2021) – 4.6%
- Median Household Income – $51,771
- Cost of Living Index – 74.6
- The Peoria MSA was the leading exporter of Machinery Manufacturing in the nation in 2018 at $6.3 billion.
Colleges and Universities in Peoria
- Bradley University
- Illinois Central College
- Methodist College
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Bradley University – Online Degrees
To dynamically map the City or Peoria and obtain property information go to Peoria County GIS Map