A brief overview of the City of Peoria can be found here. If you are searching for data not posted on this page, please contact our office for assistance.
- Peoria was named an All-America City in 2013 by the National Civic League
- Milken Institute – Best Performing Cities Report ranks Peoria metro as #1 out of the large metro areas in Illinois and #55 overall (2013).
- Peoria ranks 102 among top 200 “Best Places for Business and Careers” in 2013 according to Forbes.com (2013).
- The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index ® (WBI) ranks Peoria 13th best city in the country for total well-being and health of its residents (2011).
- MSN Real Estate ranks Peoria among the “10 Best Places for Starting Over” (2011).
- CNN/Money listed Peoria fifth among mid-sized cities that offer the best opportunity to launch a business. In a listing of U.S. cities of all sizes, Peoria was ranked 15th (2011).
- Next Generation Consulting (NGC) ranks Peoria #16 in its “Next Cities” rankings – the best places to live and work for young professionals – in three population categories (2011).
Peoria Quick Facts
- Population (City) – 116,513
- Population (MSA) – 380,447
- Labor Force (MSA, November 2014) – 192,297
- Unemployment Rate (MSA, November 2014) – 6.6%
- Median Household Income – $50,925
- Cost of Living Index – 99.9
- The Peoria MSA accounted for less than 3% of Illinois’ population and 16% of Illinois’ merchandise exports in 2013.
Colleges and Universities in Peoria
- Bradley University
- Illinois Central College
- Methodist College
- Midstate College
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- Robert Morris College
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- University of Illinois Springfield – Peoria
- Bradley University – Online Degrees
To dynamically map the City or Peoria and obtain property information go to Peoria County GIS Map